I was very kindly sent some Great British Bakeware with GlideX which is amazing non-stick Bakeware. Aldi also sent me some baking goods so I decide to test them both at the same time.
Great British Bakeware sent me a 12 Cup Deep Muffin Tray, Loaf Tin 1lb and a Pie Plate.
Aldi sent me a large box which included Mixed Grain Bread Mix and Ginger Cake mix.
And this is what I made:
I use the mixed grain bread mix and made rolls using the muffin tray. The mix was really easy to make up.
I sprayed the tin with a little oil and floured it. The rolls came out so easily and they tasted really good. The tin washed up like a dream.
I made the ginger cake into a loaf and also cupcakes.
Again the mix was easy to make up. The loaf took 50 mins to cook and the cupcake 20 mins. I sent to cupcakes to nana’s which they loved and we had the loaf at home, well I said we OH ate most of it.
Again the loaf came of the tin really easily and it washed up really well.
Lastly I used the pie dish (which I have wanted for ages) to make a chicken and mushroom pie.
- 400g of Chicken Tighes Diced
- 4 Rashers of Bacon Diced
- 300g of Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 teapsoon of Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 400mls of Chicken Stock
- Oil of frying
- Pastry (I cheated with readymade)
- One beaten egg
- Fry the bacon in a little oil unto brown and crispy and then add the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried thyme and flour and stir.
- Add the stock bring to the boil and then simmer until thick.
- Leave to cool.
- Roll out pasty and cut out two circles using the pie dish as a guide.
- Line the dish with pastry and add the cooled filling.
- Place the 2nd circle on top and seal the edges I use a fork to crimp them. Make a small hole in the top.
- Brush with beaten egg and cook for 25-30 mins until the pastry is golden brown.
The pie came out of the dish really easily.
I am really impressed with the Great British Bakeware equipment I was sent. They are super non-stick and wash up really well. They didn't buckle in the heat at all. I will be buying from them. They also come with a 15 year guarantee. Find your nearest stockist here.
The mixes from Aldi are great especially if you want to bake but aren't very good or just don’t have the time to go through all the steps. Find your local store here.
Big thumbs up to both of them.