I'm a busy working mum of two boys and although I would love to say I cook like Nigella Lawson, the truth is in fact that even McDonald's would struggle to hire me. So I like to keep me meal times very simple. I thought I'd share two easy recipes, that are family favourites in our house and are suitable for all of the family not just the kids or mum and dad.
I came across pizza twist while buying my groceries online. I was quite surprised by how easy it was as I had expected dough making and all sorts. Let me know how you get on with it.
to feed a family of four you'll need:
Four plain or garlic naans (whichever your family prefer)
*Red Leicester cheese
*Coriander (not absolutely vital if kids don't like it)
OK, here comes the really hard bit:
1. Preheat oven on to 200c or gas mark 6.
2. Place your naan breads on a baking tray.
3. add mozzarella slices and tomatoes to the top of each.
4. grate red Leicester over the whole thing.
5. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. sprinkle a little chopped coriander over the top and serve.
Another favourite in our house are Oat raisin cookies.
My boys don't like "those shrivelled up things" so I putting chocolate chips in theirs instead.
To make 36 cookies you will need:
*175g butter (and a little extra to grease the tray)
*175g of plain flour
*1 tsp baking powder
*175g soft light brown sugar
*1 tsp vanilla essence
*2 eggs beaten
*175g porridge oats
*100g raisins/ choc chips
then you need to:
1. Preheat the oven to 180c or gas mark 4. Grease 3 baking sheets.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
3. then in a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla essence to the butter mixture.
5. using a wooden spoon, gradually add in the flour until both are mixed well.
6. Add the oats and raisins/ choc chips and beat until blended.
7. Drop round spoonfuls onto the baking sheet, leaving plenty of room for rising.
8. use a fork to flatten slightly.
9. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
10.Let cookies cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
Cookies keep for 4/5 days in an airtight container.