These are so easy to make and look beautiful in a pretty bowl at a tea party or wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon as a gift.
There are so many shapes and colours that you could attempt.
You will need;
- Food Colouring
- Small Cookie Cutters or shaped icecube trays
2. Mix the water/food colouring and the sugar together with a fork. It should resemble damp sand.
3. Tip the sugar onto a flat surface and use something to compact it, your hand, a plate or a rolling pin.
4. Press your cookie cutter into the sugar and then use a spoon or your finger to compact the sugar into the cutter, gently slide the cutter onto another flat surface (plate or chopping board) and very gently press the sugar out. You need to be very careful here and handle the sugar as little as possible. Alternatively you can press the sugar into shaped icecube trays.
5. Once you have cut all of your shapes out leave them on the flat surface for several hours to dry out. When they dry they will be nice and hard.
6. Store in an air tight container.
I used a small paintbrush to paint the centres of my hearts.
From Snaffles Mummy