I've mentioned my banana bread quite a few times on my blog now, and it is definitely a regular feature at home, so I thought I'd share the super simple recipe. It's so easy to remember, you just have to think - 2, 2, 4, 6, 8!
2 ripe bananas, mashed
6oz caster sugar
8oz self raising flour
(optional: a few handfuls of sultanas and/or chopped walnuts)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Mash bananas and set aside
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Beat the eggs into butter and sugar mixture
- Mix in the flour - I don't sift it, but you could if you wanted to
- Mix in the bananas and any optional ingredients
- Pour into a greased and floured 2lb loaf tin. Or I've found that loaf liners not only make the finished product look much prettier, but it saves on greasing the tin and also helps to keep the loaf fresher.
- Baked in your preheated oven for 40 minutes
- Then turn the temperature down to 150 degrees and continue to bake for a further 30 minutes
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool before devouring!
We particularly enjoy it with a light spreading of butter :)