Recipe makes 12 muffins
300g self raising flour
75g unsalted butter
130g cheddar cheese
6 rashers of bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
2. Cook the bacon and grate the cheese.
3. Dice the butter and rub it into the flour either by hand or using a food mixer/processor.
4. Cut up the bacon into small pieces and add it with the cheese, milk and egg to the flour mixture. Combine all the ingredients.
5. Divide the mixture between the 12 wells in the muffin tray and bake for around 20 minutes, until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool (or eat straight away if you just can’t wait!)